Shoe crush Saturday: 6 shoe trends for the spring and summer!


Alright, so I spent this weekend mainly online shopping for shoes. For one, I discovered the magical asos market place. (why haven't anyone told me about it before, I mean come on what a brilliant idea?!!) And while doing that, I started spotting the shoe trends that I had already seen on the runways and on my favorite fashionistas. Inspired by that, I decided to gather all the main shoe trends that I suspect will be seen in great deal this spring and summer.

1. chelsea boots - with or without a heel



I don't know if this trend could be defined as something entirely new as the chelsea is a shoe classic, but the trend is definitely coming back this spring, stronger than ever. I personally love this trend! The shoes look banging with rolled boyfriend jeans, black skinnies, high-waisted shorts, dresses, anything! I love it when the shoes are paired with white socks peaking at the ankles. Also, as you may have seen, this trend has now extended to chelsea boots with high heels and even a new cool "chunkier" look. (See the next trend.) 
2. chunky cleated platforms 

As I hinted on earlier, this trend is very wide and extends to different types of shoes such as the chelsea boots, sandals, you name it! I have also spied a trend with different combinations of black and white. The most common combination is to have a white sole and a black boot. I actually just ordered myself a pair of boots from river island with this particular color play. Also, I have already spotted the  black boots with a cleated sole on the streets of Helsinki! ;) 

3. "Slip in platforms"


I did not know what this shoe model with a low cut ankle is called so I named them conveniently 'platform slip in:s'. This model has been mostly enforced by Jeffery Campbell in his latest shoe designs but I have spotted the trend elsewhere now as well. I really like the cut or the model! We'll see how this trend turns out.

4. The gym/mule sandals (?)

Okay so this is a new trend that I yet have to get used to. Kind of like the surface of skinny jeans back in the day. I think I'll test these cute little slippers out when the weather gets warmer because right now it's way too cold.


5. Cut outs!!

Cut-outs are here! I find this one of the most fun and innovative shoe trends so far. I can't wait to find my own perfect pair of cut outs! I'm personally in love with the chelsea cut outs.


6. Vans 

I've seen these shoes everywhere now. One day I commented on it to my sister and she asked: "Haven't they always been 'in'?" Well have they? I don't know, but I do know that they will be worn by all fashionistas more than ever this spring. My favorites are the simple black ones with white bottom. They look perfect with pants that cut right above the ankle, so roll up those boyfriend jeans and slip in some vans shoes!

7. White Adidas sneakers



Adidas Stan Smith:s are classics. This white new trend will be best paired with long coats and fancy wear to create an interesting contrast.



Until Next Time,

Kisses,

J